That’s one of the first things I say when I walk into a room with the WOW factor. Helllooo gorgeous! Who doesn’t wish they had a home that makes visitors speak to inanimate objects?? Um, no one that’s who. Even if your home isn’t quite there yet, I bet I can see the potential. And I’m sure you can too (even if you don’t know how to get it there). One of the most common phrases I hear from my new clients is “I don’t know how to tell you what I want, but I know what I love when I see it!” Well that’s a start! My goal as a designer is to help you identify and define your personal interior design style. Once we figure that out, we move on to putting together a room that not only inspires you, but reflects where you’ve been, what you love and who you have to share it with.
Choosing a designer to work with can really make or break your home design experience. Different folks are looking for all kinds of different characteristics in a designer. Some want a certain designer’s “signature look”. What I can offer is a very personal look. YOURS. If you know you want a beautiful home that reflects you and YOUR style, you’re in the right place. If you’re looking for a little more background info on me, check out the image to the right. It has my stats listed. And if you’d like to see some of my work, check out the Portfolio page. And if you KNOW deep down in your gut that we’re right for each other and don’t need another moment think on it, don’t hesitate to send me a sign! (And by sign I mean email. Just email me. Or call Phone: 1-910.431.2018. Calling is fine too)
8 (Moderately) Important Facts About Me
(To Help You Decide If I’m the Interior Designer for You and Your Home)
- My personal design style changes daily. Well,maybe not daily, but a LOT. I like way too many things that don’t necessarily want to be friends. And once you factor in my husband’s taste, forget about it. I have more trouble designing my own home than I’ve ever had designing a client’s. So don’t stress if you don’t know your personal style. We’ll figure it out.
- I’m sarcastic and I like to joke around. Sometimes I can be inappropriate and I’ve been known to use the occasional curse word. In a professional setting I tone things down, but when I get excited about something I can’t make any promises. You’ve been warned.
- I’m not judging your home the first time I see it. (I try to wait til at least the second visit.). You’re calling me because you want help pulling things together and if your home belonged on a magazine cover you wouldn’t need me. So relax and stop apologizing for how awful you think it is. If I’m squinting or frowning, it’s just because the wheels are already turning. I tend to look angry when I’m thinking too hard.
- Clients that are open to my suggestions and honest with themselves (and me) about what they like, don’t like or need time to get used to are the happiest clients. Communication is KEY. Listen to your designer. I promise I will listen to you.
- It took a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, 7 years in 2 different commercial architecture firms and 4 years at a home staging company to decide interior design was where I wanted to be. The experiences were invaluable and gave me a pretty cool skill set with which to design your home.
- I hate onions. HATE.
- Elements I love to see in every design are balance, symmetry, appropriate scale and birds. I always find a way to incorporate a bird or owl in every design, somewhere in the space.
- I’m not for everybody. And every client is not for me. If we don’t jive for some reason, we probably won’t work well together.
- I may look young (yes I still get carded) but I’m not. I have a lot of work experience and know what I’m talking about.
- I will work hard to make sure your home design is a reflection of YOU.
- We will work well together if you listen to me.
- Onions = Bad
Call Me. Email Me. Let's Make This Happen.
(Unless it’s after 5pm or a weekend. Then wait until Monday :-P)