Interior Design Inspiration Boards (Mood Boards)
What Is An Inspiration Board?
An interior design inspiration board, also called a mood board, is a perfect way to get the design for any room in your home up and running quickly. It’s a 2D graphic representation of a design scheme. It shows furniture, wall colors, decorative accessories and the like and sets the “mood” for a space. If, for example, you know you want a room that’s cozy and gray, with dark wood and pops of yellow, but don’t have the first clue how to put it together, a mood board will give you the road map you need to translate the mood you’re after into reality. It’s what we call EDesign Lite. There’s no 3D model or furniture layouts (although you can add that option if you need help with furniture arrangement) which helps keep your design costs down. We send you a design inspiration board and setup a shared Pinterest board with links to all the elements in the design. Simple right?
Inspiration Board Services start at $250
Fill out the contact form below and upload images of your space. We will send you a design quote and a followup questionnaire. Once we have discussed your plans & design budget (via email or phone) and you feel comfortable turning the design reigns over, we’ll send over an invoice and EDesign Lite contract. As soon as the contract is signed and payment is received, we begin work! There may be a few additional questions from us along the way but before you know it, you’ll have a creative, unique space waiting for you.
Virtual Interior Design (EDesign) is perfect for clients who:
- Want a customized design plan & shopping list they can implement themselves
- Don’t need or want anyone else to make final decisions on furnishings or purchases for them
- Enjoy shopping & decorating themselves but need help coming up with an overall design scheme
- Want to purchase a little at a time, as budget allows
Don’t wait another minute to get started on the Edesign Lite for your home! Complete our Design Request Form to begin today!
The Interior Design Inspiration Board Process
Our process is simple, easy and fun! By now you’ve probably had a chance to check out our previous work on the Portfolio page and decided you dig our style! We work with a lot of different clients and consequently have experience with a lot of different design styles. What you can expect from our designs are the things we consider the important factors in any design style like form and function (how it works + how it looks), balance, appropriate scale, color, texture, pattern and shine (yes I will continue to reference TLC’s What Not To Wear b/c I really miss it)! What we will expect from you is to share with us a LOT of inspiration photos on a Pinterest board. Sharing lots of photos will eventually help us to identify trends that emerge in your own style (if even you haven’t noticed them, we will!). That plus a detailed questionnaire about how you’d like to use the space will put us on the right track to helping identify your own personal style.
Interior Design Inspiration Board Process
- Contact us and let us know you’re interested in starting a new project
- Send us photos of the space or spaces you’d like to work on.
- We will send you a design quote, contract and invoice to review, sign and pay.
- We will setup a shared Pinterest board for you to start pinning inspiration photos. It’s important that you not only add lots of images, but also tell us why you like something (ex. love that mantel! or “this paint color is perfect!”)
- Fill out the New Client Questionnaire we send you
- Once we feel like we have a good idea what you like, want and need, we’ll put together a mood board for you to review.
- You take some time to look things over and we make one round of revisions to make sure things are perfect!
- We send over the finalized inspiration board and a link to a private Pinterest board containing access to all the furniture & decor recommendations.
- You immediately fall in love, buy everything on your shopping list and show off your room to casual acquaintances walking by on the street!
Sound easy enough? Don’t wait another minute! Fill out our Design Request Form to start your project!